18 March 2009

I eat lunch too fast.

I'm sitting at work, in the break room. I've discovered I don't take very long to eat lunch. We don't actually clock out to do so, and I haven't been told how long to take, so I'm generally back withing fifteen minutes. I'm trying to prolong my lunch time a little today by updating?

I realized yesterday, on the way home, that I miss Portland and the MAX. I miss "The doors are closing." On the TRAX, each door has a red light that flashes and a high-pitched annoying alarm that beeps as the doors are shutting. Very annoying. I miss "Doors to my left" and "Doors to my right," as well as, of course, "Puertas a mi izquierda" and "Puertas a mi derecha." The TRAX doesn't tell you these things, so you just have to guess which door will open, and TRAX is obviously not as multi-cultural. Silly TRAX. I miss the MAX.

This job will someday burn me out, but mostly because of the commute. I get home about 11 and a half hours after I leave in the morning, and it wasn't much better when I drove (11 hours). I'm thinking that public transportation is working fine for me, though. I would've already gone through a whole tank of gas (plus 300 miles) by the time I get home tonight, but instead I will have gone 18 miles or so. Not too shabby.
I want to move to make this commute shorter, but then Kyler would have to commute, and I don't know if I want to subject him to the exhaustion of commuting. But, you know, he is stronger than me... he can handle it, right?
Technically I can handle it, too, as long as I sleep decently the night before.

Currently listening to an Asian language being spoken in the lunch room. I don't know which one.

1 comment:

Debra/Mom said...

My Darling Daughter, Bring a book! You of all people should know that you read during your lunch.
What are your hours? If your hours are say 8 - 4:30, then you have a half hour for lunch. If 8 - 5 an hour.
If Kyler decides to go to U of U, then he wouldn't have to commute (only while attending BYU) and if he doesn't you both will be moving.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...