06 March 2009

Burning my bridges

I was originally going to wait to write this until I could actually get a hold of my brother, but he and his sweetie are off gallivanting through Asia so that's not going to work.

On Wednesday, I went to ARUP, the place that had offered me the job, and told them I didn't want it. I didn't really burn my bridges too much, I was very nice about the whole thing, but I said I didn't want to work there and gave them back my parking pass. Why on earth would I pass up such a job? Because I've gotten a different one!
I have been offered a job at Huntsman Cancer Institute, which will be more interesting and pays better than the other one... and I start Monday! I don't quite know what to expect, but I'm excited.
This offer is cementing our plans to move after the semester is over sometime. Exactly when depends on how soon we can afford to put down deposits and find a place. Kyler's hoping for May, even if that would mean he'd have to commute for a longer amount of time.
I guess everything really is coming into place. We're going to be able to afford to have a place to live! Yay!
It's kind of interesting, I just realized that Kyler and I had been planning on going to the temple forever, but then for several weeks (three or four) in a row, one of us was sick or something, so we couldn't go. This last Friday, we finally were able to go, and then on Monday, only a few days later, I had my second interview and job offer at Huntsman. Coincidince? You can decide that for yourself...

I'm sure there is more going on in our lives (though as I have been driving to and from Salt Lake a bit lately, it doesn't feel like much), but I'm distracted by this. Yay!

Currently listening to Modest Mouse "Float On."

5 comments:

Cami said...

Congrats on the newer, better job!

Amy said...

Yay for having the good job you wanted! Also yay for the blessings of the temple. Where are you thinking of moving to?

julie said...

Yay! Congratulations and good luck! You'll be their favorite employee EVER!

Anonymous said...

w00t!

You will be super awesome. I know it.

Jill May said...

Coincidence?...I think not...

- Cliff and Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...