15 March 2009

Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows.

I suppose I should update this again? Or maybe make Kyler do it, but I doubt I could convince him. He puts up resistance to the whole blogging thing, silly boy.

I started work on Monday, and have officially put in a full week. I'm starting to understand a little better what exactly I am doing, and it's kind of fun. Friday I processed two blood specimens all by myself. Yay!
There are some things I'm not enjoying about this job, though... mostly interactions between the other people I work with. There is some conflict between my boss and the lab workers, for example, and they both kind of accuse each other of being liars. I'm not sure who is right, and I'm taking it all with a grain of salt, but it makes me wary. Though, according to the girl training me, I shouldn't worry because my boss hired me, "and she always likes the people she hires." Oh, the drama.
I also don't like the hour long drive each way. Tomorrow I plan on busing it, and seeing how I feel about it. I could read or write or sleep or whatever, and it would be way nicer to our car and our wallets. Gas and parking aren't free.

It was a beautiful weekend. Kyler had a geology field trip up Rock Canyon, and I went with. It was fun and I felt smart because I knew some of the answers! Maybe I should have majored in geology. Seriously, it was so beautiful, I even got a very slight sunburn. I know, I know, sunblock. But I didn't even think of it because nice weather is relatively new.

I'll get paid in a week, and we'll have money for rent! Yay!

Currently watching Mythbusters: The Curse of the Snowplow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad how nasty attitudes can cast a shaddow on a perfectly good situation hu? Silly people go and make themselves miserable. Your job sounds interesting though. I am so glad you found something. Good luck with the bus trip too.

Anonymous said...

You got that song stuck in my head. Thanks. Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows...
Oh, and I know what it's like to come into a position where there's animosity between workers and management. It isn't always rational. I just tried to stay out of it, and it all worked out. I didn't buy into anyone else's drama.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...