29 March 2009

Pining for a vacation

Life is... busy. I spend 12 hours of my weekdays preparing for, headed to, at, or coming home from work. I miss spending more time with Kyler and not being exhausted everyday, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I live for the weekend, though.
Work is going well, I think, though. I'm learning new things and becoming more confident. On Friday I collected tissue from a mastectomy all by myself for the first time, and processed about 7 different patients worth of blood. We'll see how things go in the future.

It's almost April, which means it'll be graduation before you know it, and I'll actually get to see a lot of family. I'm excited. Last that I knew, my mom, dad, sister, and grandma are coming, and Kyler's mom and at least one sister are planning on it, as well. I feel loved. I can't wait for the days off.

Friday, about a block or two from being home, I noticed the car wasn't exactly driving straight. It kept pulling the the left, and I thought, hmm, maybe we should get the alignment checked. But then I got home, realized Kyler had amazing food waiting for me, and ran up the stairs to join him. Saturday morning, then, when Kyler and I started to head out to the grocery store, we discovered the problem: our front driver's side tire was flat. So together we pulled out the spare and owner's manual and decided to alter our plans for the morning to include a trip to Les Schwab. Very exciting. Our tire is all better now, and it cost us nothing! Yay.
As Kyler and I sat changing our tire, we realized how lucky we were that this happened Friday night/Saturday morning, when I didn't need the car to get to the bus or anything. It's like when our toilet used to overflow, but always on Sundays when we had time to deal with it. Even though things go wrong and our life isn't perfect, things go wrong when we can deal with it a little better. I think that's a form of blessings, just making the hard things easier to bear. I'm grateful for it, anyhow.

Tomorrow's Monday... and I get to go to work, earn lots of money, and wish I was home with my husband. Such is life.

Currently listening to the music from My Big Fat Greek Wedding in my head.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel ya.

Andy commutes, too, leaving at 6:20am every morning, and getting back about 7pm. If I have a concert or a late rehearsal, that might give us about an hour and a half of waking time together. Our weekends are spent doing the chores and errands neither of us has time for during the week.

Still, I feel blessed that I get any time at all with him.

Alas, here we are at another Monday.

Amy said...

Brian leaves every Monday morning at 6:00 AM and I don't get to see him until about 4 or 5 PM Friday night. I definitely feel the, "I wish I were at home with my hubby," feeling. It sounds like your job is killer awesome for your major though. Remember when you took me to date night in the cadaver lab? *sigh* Aw, memories. I could never be a CSI agent now.

Debra/Mom said...

Welcome to the grownup world my darling daughter.
I for one am really glad that you have a job (as I know that you are too). As much as I love you and Kyler, I would prefer that you don't live here with us.
Big hugs to you both!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...