18 June 2011

I love seeing family!

About a week after Kyler's birthday, my sister-in-law Jill and niece Lilia came out to Salt Lake, so my family decided to come, too! What this means is I finally got to meet this little girl:
My brother surprised us all by coming along, too! So, it was the first time I'd had my whole family together in over two years!

Kyler also enjoyed playing with Lilia.Seriously, she's giving him blocks to add to his masterpiece.


Because Jill is also pregnant, our family made us pose together. This means that there is officially a "belly" picture of me on this blog.
Of course, this was when I was about 29 weeks or so, and now I'm 34, so things have changed a little, but still...


Highlights of their visit (from my I-had-to-work-the-whole-time perspective):
We got a family picture!
It's everyone, even Grandma!


We celebrated Lilia and Loradona's birthday!This is Cliff reading Lilia one of her birthday presents. She was mesmerized.


I took advantage of my family being in town and had a baby shower!My wonderful friend Liz organized if for me, and made the cake! She's fantastic!

Loradona and I helped by making these:Baby Cake Pops. We stayed up late finishing them, and our judgement of what was appropriate to say may have diminished slightly, but... at least it makes for a good story.
The baby shower was a success, regardless of any unintentional baby-killing jokes, and I appreciate everyone who came!


The low-light of the trip:
My mom broke her arm. Pretty sweet, huh? Yeah, I don't think she thought so, but at least now it seems to be healing great. Interestingly, this happened on Friday the 13th. Maybe it is bad luck after all...


On the next episode of blogging by Jeanette: a wedding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! You posted! I think you should post ANOTHER picture of your belly, so you can be up to date. It would make me happy.
I love you, and I'll see you on Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...