28 June 2011

Preparations and celebrations

According to blogger, this is the 100th post for this blog. Pretty amazing, eh? I thought I'd do something pretty spectacular for this, but then I realized I have nothing spectacular going on...
Except preparing to have a baby, move to a different city/country, leave my job, Kyler starting grad school... yeah, not too much going on.

So, we're preparing to have a baby. This means we are doing stuff like going to a birthing class. We learned some interesting breathing techniques, where exactly I should go if I think I'm in labor, and men help with the childbirth process in some cultures:(Click on it to make it bigger if you can't read it.) Yeah, isn't that just awesome? I suppose the man would be able to be very empathetic in that case...

We also are doing things like buying carseats, seeing how the hospital won't let you bring your baby home without one.
I decided to try and practice buckling up a baby, so I asked Fluff for some assistance.
She sat down in the seat willingly enough, but once she realized I was strapping her in and pretending she was a baby, she threatened to flush me to Siberia. I decided that might not be best for me or my unborn child, so I found another, more willing, test subject:Sven!Doesn't he look so good in the car seat? Since he did, I decided to use him for a couple more practice runs...Sven makes a very pretty little girl, doesn't he?

As far as the leaving of the job, moving, and Kyler starting grad school.......... we still don't have a place to live. Some people don't know what will be available come the end of August/beginning of September ("August is so far away!"), don't want to rent to use if they can't meet us first, or would want to rent to us, loves babies, but says their basement apartment is too cold and not sunny enough ("I'm not sure if you know this, but Canada is colder than the US.")
Yeah, we're really successful.

Happy 100th post, everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...