18 June 2011

I love weddings! Drinks all around!

Last weekend, one of Kyler's former roommates and good friends got married. He came to our wedding, so we figured it to be only fair that we go to his.

The ceremony itself was good, and Blake and Hailey looked lovely. See? Here they are coming out of the temple. Blake's making sure the door doesn't shut on her dress.

Here's a better one of the gorgeous couple:Don't they look happy?

We also got some pictures of Kyler and I outside the temple.This one might count as a belly picture?

What Blake may or may not realize, and should be eternally grateful for, is what Kyler and I did (or rather, did not do, or allow anyone else to do) to his car.
At the reception, one of our other good friends, a groomsman, approached Kyler, the groomsman's wife, Maria, and I and informed us that something needed to be done about Blake's car. So, the three of us left (leaving the groomsman behind to go about his duties) and headed out to get decorations. Upon returning to the reception, Maria and I were bold: we asked Blake for his keys. He was hesitant, but the second the keys were in grabbing distance, I pounced and quickly walked away.
We decorated his car, being relatively nice, and were joined by some other people. This is the point where Blake should thank me: I locked his car back up nice and tight, and I said "NO" very strongly. First, I said NO putting oreos on the car, for two reasons: it ruins the paint job, and is a waste of good oreos! Second, a random guy passing by (he was holding a present, but none of us have the slightest idea who he was) came over and wanted to help. Then he started trying to mess with the wiper blades. NO, I said. "But it's really easy to fix." NO, I said. "But you just snap them back on." NO, I said. And he backed away. Don't mess with the wiper blades, man! If you take them off, but they don't realize it and try to use them... it can scratch the windshield. So not cool.
I'm pretty sure a couple of people thought I was insane with my very adament NOs, but you don't argue with a pregnant woman glaring at you like I can glare. Not a wise idea. The end result of the car. (Hopefully) no permanent damage, just good fun. And a box of tic tacs.

Yay for weddings and tic tacs. Who needs anything more?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Is there a story behind the tic tac license plate? I'm sure he appreciated you being the guardian of his car. We totally didn't hand over our car keys when asked before our reception. We are neat freaks. No fun, I know. Did you and Kyler smear cake on each other's faces when you got married? Frankly, I'd be really shocked if you didn't.

K. R. Rasmussen said...

Be shocked. Jeanette insisted her face not be sullied by delicious delicious cake, and I abided by her wishes. The TICTAC license plate is due to the fact that he has collected over a thousand boxes of tictacs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...