26 September 2011

Calista cooing... and so much more!

Two months ago today, I was in the hospital. It was a long day, and I'm glad it's over - partially because it means I now have a beautiful two month old baby! She has grown so much in the last two months, it's amazing. She is so entertaining and beautiful, and we love her so much. Now, for some pictures of Calista, because I can... and because my mother will love them.


Four weeks old
This is while we were sleeping on an air mattress, while in the process of moving. Not an ideal situation, let me tell you. But, hey, it's a cute sleeping naked baby!


One month old
I feel like this picture deserves a really good caption. Sadly I don't have one. Anyone want to come up with one?


Five weeks old
Kyler and I are still sleeping on the air mattress - actually it's our only piece of furniture, so we're living on it all the time. Isn't this a cute picture of Calista asleep in Kyler's arms?



We have furniture! Calista is asleep in her crib (yes, she's on her tummy. We don't let her sleep that way all the time. Let's move on.) and I thought the angle of her hand was really funny.


Six weeks old
Sadly, this outfit doesn't fit anymore. But she sure was cute in it!



This is her passport photo for the next five years. Sorry, Calista!


Seven weeks old
Ready to go to church! Calista had a bit of a cold, so her eyes are a little red, but I still think she looks adorable.



Tummy time!



The outfit she wore to the US Consulate, to apply to get her passport. The receptionist-type person said Calista looked so cute and that she loves it when people dress up their babies to come visit - it makes the people at the Consulate feel special!



Calista has started grabbing onto things more, like the sides of her changing table or the crib, as above. She also has starting turning, so sometimes when I come in after she's woken up, she's at a 90 degree angle from where we put her down. Silly girl.



She's starting to be able to use the bumbo. She's still a little wobbly, and starts to fall over after a few minutes, be she likes it until then. Plus, she just looks so dang cute in it!



She is starting to notice the things around her more, but she still doesn't really grab at them, unless it's accidental while she's flailing around. Calista enjoys looking at them, though, so we let her have her fun.


Eight weeks old
Kyler got Calista dressed one Saturday, and this is the outfit he picked out. He claims he didn't notice what it said until after he got it out of the dresser, and by then, he didn't want to pick another outfit... too much effort to grab something else out of the dresser!



More fun in the bumbo! This time, I put my gloves on her hands to see what she would do. Nothing really, as it turned out. She didn't really care.



More sleeping baby! How can one go wrong with pictures like this?


2 Months - today!
I asked Kyler what she should wear today, since she was two months old. He said, "Something that says 'I love Mom' or something." All right, whatever you say!



We'll see if this works... this is a video of her today, cooing and kicking and having a good time. Enjoy!


Calista is such a joy to have around, even when she's fussy and crying - which is generally only when she's hungry, dirty, tired, or having a bath, so no complaints there. We love her so much.

2 comments:

Loradona said...

I love the video! She's awesome, and so are you.

Debra/Mom said...

You are right! I LOVE this post! And I LOVE the video! I especially love that little girl.
I love you and Kyler too, just so you know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...