24 October 2008

Sound the alarm: October's almost over!

Kyler's at a LAN party... the punk. He knows I don't like going to bed alone, but he really enjoys playing with his friends, so I suppose I'll forgive him... as long as he's not too tired and grumpy in the morning.
This semester is mostly going well. It's that time of year, though, when everything gets just a little crazy and you kind of wonder how it will all work out. But it will work out, dang it! No, seriously, it will. I'm doing well in my classes, I think. Except maybe advanced cell, but to give an example, we had a quiz question that 85% of the class got right, and the professor was disappointed... because 85 is too high. He apparently likes it when only 34% of people get it right. No wonder the entire class is annoyed with him. Good thing about that class, though: there's no final exam, just a paper. I'm not sure I'd do well on a test, but I can work hard and get the research for a decent paper--hallelujah!
Kyler's teaching me about the interesting things he learns: this week it was eating disorders and PMS. Apparently eating disorders are related to social perceptions on weight and body image, imagine that.
I don't know what I'm going to do when this phase of my life is over. It's scary. But Kyler and I right now are hoping I get a job with insurance, maybe even dental and optometry coverage for the both of us! It'd be sweet, and why not dream?
I was in the middle of giving my tissues class their quiz last week when the fire alarm went off. Some of them didn't understand when I said they had to leave their stuff in the room: they're not allowed to study after they've already seen the first 6 questions! The class expressed a concern while we waited outside that their cramming would all be lost, so I promised if there was a significant difference between their average and the other sections, I would bring it up with Dr. Reynolds. They shouldn't have worried: ten of them got 10s. Silly students. I'm going to miss TAing for this class.

Currently listening to Radiohead "High and Dry"

1 comment:

Wodin said...

Whoohoo! You can do it! I know it. You are totally awesome, and I can't wait to see you at Christmastime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...