05 October 2008

Two elephants, babies, and labs.

On Wednesdays, my schedule is always pretty packed. I go shadow Gary in the morning until he goes to lunch. Theoretically that's at 11:30, but... there are definitely times that his schedule gets behind. Then I have to drive to campus, find somewhere to park, and rush to class at 1, which I have until 5. This last Wednesday, there was the Career Fair on campus. I've never actually gone to one, because I figured it'd be pretty pointless, but since I actually will be looking for a job very soon, I wanted to go. BYU hates me, through, because the fair was only from 10-3. I decided to plan on going if I had time, and if I didn't, then that'd be that. It's in the Lord's hands, right? Well, I made it to campus by noon, which meant I actually got to go! I wore my awesome new suit, and dropped off a few resumes, got some sweet information, and a pen, pencil, and chocolate bar to boot. (I only collected free stuff from employers I was actually interested in.)
I'm still nervous about applying for jobs, but I've got some good new information. I may be qualified to get a job in a lab in Salt Lake that would pay 17.10 and hour. I need to send my transcripts there, but... I wouldn't say no to that pay. It's way more than I get now. :)

On Thursday, I went to book club in my ward and we discussed Dracula. As we finished, Cort, the guy married to the woman (Tammi) who organizes book club, turned on the VP debate. I wasn't really listening to it, (I was talking to Tammi about things), but Tammi's 3 year old daughter came up to us, holding two stuffed elephants, and said that one of them was named John McCain. Tammi and I busted up, and asked what the other one was named: also John McCain. We told her to tell her dad, and then I told her she should call the other one Sarah Palin. She introduced them to Cort as John McCain and Sarah. Funny, funny little girl. Apparently she listens to what she hears more than we realized.

I feel like everyone around me, who is married, is pregnant. Some of these people, like Tammi, don't make me feel pressured at all. Others, who are my age or younger, been married for only a few months, or whatever, kind of make me feel like I'm behind. I know, I know, peer pressure is stupid. But it does exist.

Currently listening to Beethoven's Symphony No. 9.

2 comments:

Debra/Mom said...

I say resist peer pressure! That is what they told you in all of your Sunday School and Young Women lessons, right?
Your time will come.
Love you.

Wodin said...

Darling, if you're behind, what am I? Help a sister out here, and don't get prego for a little while yet. (How's that for peer pressure?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...