18 December 2008

Finite

So, I'm done. I'm not quite sure what I think of that. It doesn't quite seem real yet... maybe it will when I don't go to class in January? I'm kind of confused how this is supposed to feel. Am I supposed to be jumping for joy and celebrating massively? Because I'm not. There is a lot I'm going to miss about this place... especially if I don't get a job really soon. A girl can only take so many books and so much Warcraft before she explodes.......

Right now, what I'm really looking forward to is being home. Assuming we can get there, of course. It's been snowing all day here. Maybe tomorrow will be better? One can hope. And pray.

I'm hungry. Sadly, it's 2.5 hours until dinner.

I meant to make this an eloquent "the end of an era" kind of post, but it appears I have failed miserably at that. Oh well.

I had a very strange dream the other night. I was apparently part of a community that was kind of... isolationist. And the community leader's wife was pregnant. She went into labor, and was in labor for a really long time, until she was too exhausted to push or anything anymore. I was assisting the doctor with her, and I was really worried that the placenta may have detached or something since we were having trouble finding a heart beat. The doctor was kind of wishy-washy, though. I insisted we do a C-section to try and save the baby, and he finally agreed. So we cut into her abdomen (oh, uh, without any pain killers or numbing medicine) and had to move her intestines aside a bit to be able to see her uterus. The doctor again got a little... stupid... and I had to say to him, look, here's her uterus, we've gone this far, do it! And so he cut into the top, and we pulled out a little baby that was probably about 11 weeks along, even though we thought she was much farther. It and its placenta all fit in one hand! It was really sad, because it was totally dead.
Now, the cool part about this dream was how realistic it was. The anatomy of the C-section was basically perfect, which I find kind of interesting because the only dissections I've done have been people "without" any blood, and the female had a hysterectomy, so she didn't have a uterus... but everything was there and in detail and my hands were covered in blood. The fetus really did look 11 weeks along, and it was the right size and everything... The logic of the dream as a whole wasn't quite all there, but the anatomy was perfect.
I am such a dork.

Currently listening to a random guy playing piano in the Wilk.

2 comments:

Wodin said...

Um, wow. Sort of disturbing, actually.
I hope we see one another tomorrow! My students are still saying there won't be school tomorrow, despite the past three days of disappointment, but I don't believe it anymore. The weathermen are lying liars from Liarsburg.

Unknown said...

Ha! I love you, Jeanettie!

If it's any consolation, I STILL don't feel like a college graduate, much less someone who will (if all goes according to plan) hold a Master's degree in one more semester. Eep.

Also, the word verification they gave me is the last name of a kid I went to elementary school with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...