06 January 2009

Trying to make a move just to stay in the game

I woke up this morning, got on the computer to check my email, and remembered I'd gotten an email from BYU saying there had been changes to my financial account yesterday. What changes could they make? I'm done. But I logged on to see... that I have a past due balance $2,366. Say what? I start panicking a little, so I look at the details... and they took away my Pell Grant, from fall, leaving me with unpaid tuition, from fall. I'm still panicking a little, because I don't just have two grand sitting around! I'm trying to get a job but currently have no income, I can't pay last semesters tuition without the grant. So, I call the financial aid office. Apparently, they are incredibly busy, because I was on hold for at least 45 minutes before I got through. I talked to a guy for a while, he put me on hold a few more minutes so he could make a call concerning me, and then he comes back and tells me that it's a system problem: even though I said I wanted to apply for loans and grants for fall only, it tried to do it for winter semester, and surprise, surprise, I don't fit the requirements since I'm not enrolled. The financial aid office has my name, though, and will apparently do a manual override. End of panic? I hope so.

Except... now I'm panicking about other things. Like the fact that I have a telephone interview tomorrow for one of the labs I applied to! That's right, I finally got them my transcript (though it's still not 100% complete, due to patho) and then they call me to set up a phone interview! I'm excited, but incredibly nervous. I would love to get a job at this place, even if it is in Salt Lake. It would be such a good experience. So, yeah, still panicking a little.

My transcript doesn't say I've been awarded a degree yet, and I'm kind of anxious for it to say so. I have completed all the requirements, even, yes, Advanced Cell. I got a B+, for which I was kind of amazed, but incredibly grateful. I worked hard on the final paper, so I won't say no.

Kyler started school yesterday... and I stayed home. So strange. I did watch a 2-month-old for a woman in my ward because I had the time, though, and that helped me not to feel so useless.

And... one of my best friends is engaged! Yay! I'm excited for her.

Currently listening to Keane "Everybody's Changing."

2 comments:

Debra/Mom said...

No need to panic about the interview. Psalm 46:10
A little nervous maybe, but you will be fine.
I love you.

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Liz? Please say yes! Although, just about anyone would be cool, right? Anyway, let me know.
Also? Good luck on the interview! You are lovely and amazing, and you will do fine. I know that you can find a job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...