27 August 2008

Don't feel like runnin'

Ahh, the feeling of 700 bucks leaving your possession all at once.
I love buying books! Kyler and I are apparently taking some interesting classes, or so the cashier at the bookstore said. I guess between abnormal psychology and pathophysiology, psychology of gender and embryology, she'd probably right.
Technically, that much money isn't bad, considering it was for the both of us. It still feels like a blow, though, even with all my grants and loans coming through nicely.

In less than a week, Kyler and I will both be going to school again, and our time together severely limited. We've been spoiled as of late, and we will probably go through withdrawals. Or at least I will. Maybe Kyler will just go through WoW withdrawal instead.
I personally can't wait to start feeling productive again. I'm going to be TAing by myself this semester, which will be lonely and good, all at the same time. It means I really, really need to make sure I know my stuff, because there is no one to depend on to fill the silence in with an answer. I resolve not to pretend I know the answer if I don't, though. No lies to my students...

I've decided I should actually exercise on occasion. Part of this is preventive: I know if I stay relatively active and healthy, the odds of me getting diabetes will go down drastically. Part of it is to feel better about myself and my body... and part of it is to beat my body into submission. Maybe my knees and hips won't hurt as often if I make then hurt more often. The logic is undeniable, eh?
The problem is, I lack motivation. Kyler and I went to the indoor track today, and he showed me where the work out gym is, but apparently there is no women's locker room in that particular building. There is a men's, but no women's. Whatever, I wasn't upset by that at all.
However, to attempt to motivate myself, I will have an incentive program. For every day I work out at least 30 minutes, I will give myself a dollar towards something I want, like a shirt or CD or something. Kyler agrees with this plan.
Sadly, since he and I have drastically different schedules, he can't exercise with me. Sigh. I could use the support and motivation to go. Oh well.

Currently listening to Scissor Sisters "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'"

1 comment:

Debra/Mom said...

How about we keep each other motivated? I'll go if you go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...