04 August 2008

Can someone please tell me: why two?

I recently applied for an internship through the pre-health advisement center for fall semester... and I got accepted! I'll shadow a P.A. for about four hours a week, which I think will be a great experience for me. It does add to my list of things I want to do this last semester that I, strictly speaking, do not need to do, but isn't that the point of college? However, I guess technically I'm only "conditionally" accepted, because I need to have two TB tests--yes, two.
Why two? I have no earthly clue, you'd think one would be good enough, but I guess we want to replicate the results?--and to pass a background check/drug test. I think I can handle that.
Something I'm not so sure I can handle for much longer is that my loans/grants haven't come through yet. Tuition is already posted on my account, though not due for a few more weeks, but it's looming ominously over my head, making me nervous. At least we don't have to worry about Kyler's tuition with his scholarship. But it'd be really nice to have to grants that I'm sure I qualify for... 'twould make living much easier.

I had a weird dream last night that I don't remember much of, but I do remember that Mom, Dad, Loradona, Cliffy, Liana and I were all flying somewhere. I remember the first stage of our flight was 17 hours (yuck!) and then we had a very short layover and had to run to make our next flight. The plane had two seats, a row, and then two more seats, so Cliff and I sat together right behind Mom and Dad, with Loradona and Liana across the aisle. Cliff and I were at the emergency exit, so we made sure we knew how to open the door if need be. It's kind of strange, because there was no Kyler or Jill--or Onecimo and David and Xavier, for that matter--but it didn't feel like there was anyone missing. Apparently the spouses and children aren't as important? Weird.

Mommy dearest will be here in two weeks. I'm kind of excited.

Currently listening to Guster "Rainy Day"

2 comments:

Debra/Mom said...

Well, at least MY spouse was there :)
I am glad you are excited. I am excited too.
Ahhhh! What should I take? I need to pack, I have a lot to do!
Love, Mom

Wodin said...

Hahahaha! That's pretty funny. I'll have to tell Liana you dreamed about her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...