23 August 2008

University Parkway is a farm...

Mom came to visit this past week, and it was a ton of fun. I enjoy having my mother around, and then there's the added bonus that she buys us food. Always a plus, especially with Kyler around. While driving back from getting food last Saturday, on the same stretch of road as we found the quail chick, there was an adorable black dog... walking in the middle of our lane. So, Mom stopped the car, and when there was no traffic, I got out and pulled the dog to safety. Seriously, we're talking the sweetest dog ever, consenting to being picked up without any fuss. We wandered around a bit trying to find where the pup might belong, and borrowed a leash from a kind woman with another sweet, albeit much larger and too big to carry, dog. While walking down the road a bit, a minivan pulled over and the people inside, including a young boy, were looking at us with great interest. We had found their dog! Yay for happy endings.
Last Friday, before Mom came, we picked up our table to move it, and one of the legs fell out. We put it back in, but it did kind of strengthen our resolve to buy a new table. We told this to Mom when she got here, and she gave us our anniversary present early: a gift card to Ikea! So we went together and picked one out: Jokkmokk.
Kyler and I put it together without wanting to kill each other, and it now sits proudly in our dining area, with Grandma's old table being relegated to the balcony.
School is starting very soon. Kyler and I will probably go buy books on Tuesday to avoid most of the rush associated with new student orientation. I can't believe that this will be my last semester. I'm trying not to think about it too much: I need to finish strong, which requires me to focus on now, not later. Still, it's exciting and a little scary. Not knowing your future is always a little nerve-wracking.
I miss Loradona. I want to talk Olympics with her all the time, but I can't very well because of the time difference. Sigh.
I did get to talk to Cliffy, though, yay! It's still hard to believe he and Jill are so far away.

Currently listening to broadcasts from the Bird's Nest: Women's 800M Final.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, I feel stupid. How have I missed that you're on blogspot???

I'm glad you are, though. I heart you!

Wodin said...

I miss you, too! Enjoy your table!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...