11 September 2008

Your part is to be what you'll be

I am crazy. Quite possibly clinically insane. Some may say, "we already knew this, it's no surprise." To you, I stick out my tongue. Others may say, "and why are you crazy?" To you, I tell you about my semester. I am on my last semester of undergraduate classes. In four short months, I will be done. In order to graduate, I only need a grand total of 6 credits. I could have the easiest semester I've ever had. But, I decided to take a few more classes I didn't need to, and the total came up to 13 credits. Then, I applied for my PA internship, and got accepted, and added another credit. Today, I saw Dr. Barrow in the hallway, and got him to sign another add/drop card... to add research. 2 credits worth. So, for this last semester, I am taking 16 credits, out of the required 6. That's 267%
I don't think I'll regret it though.

I started my internship yesterday. I went to Cherry Tree Family Practice with Gary Cripe, P.A. It was an interesting experience, and I think I'm going to enjoy the next few weeks with him. Family practice appeals to me because the schedule is more flexible (Gary has every Tuesday off, for example) and the patient/provider relationship is better developed. Plus, as Gary said, he's never quite sure what he'll see.
I really want Kyler to go to New York for grad school, because then I'd have my options for P.A. school. But I'd miss my family, it'd be harder to go home...

Today was also the first real day of tissues lab, the first time the students use their microscopes and start to experience the class... and next week will be their baptism by fire. I think I'm going to really enjoy teaching this semester, but I can't really believe this will be it. This job has meant so much to me, been such a blessing, and has taught me so much. I still can't believe I managed to get it in the first place. I was so inexperienced and not ready for it, but now I'm TAing by myself, rewriting the manual, and redoing the CD. Unreal.

I'm sleepy. Class at 7:30 will do that to a girl.

Currently listening to The Who "You Didn't Hear It." I've been on a Who kick lately, Daddy would be proud of me.

3 comments:

Jill May said...

New York is still closer to home than Japan...

I say go for it!

Wodin said...

What ever happens will happen (profound, isn't it?), and I am sure you will both end up happy with the end result.

Debra/Mom said...

Ah Jeanettie, I love you and miss you already. But I would LOVE to visit NY.
I say, what she says, is what I say. (Or something like that). Speaking of course to what Jill and Loradona said.
(I just reread that, and it almost makes sense)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...